Madeleine Duhamel, of CKCH Hull

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Madeleine Duhamel, of CKCH Hull

Postby Peggy Stewart » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Everybody -

I'm looking for some background information about a 1950s broadcaster whose name was Madeleine Duhamel. Madeleine was a very popular radio broadcaster working for CKCH Hull, Quebec. Very sparse information about her anywhere, but I did find a photograph. Does anybody know anything about Madeleine - it's for my book. Thanks!!

Peggy Stewart.
Peggy Stewart

Re: Madeleine Duhamel, of CKCH Hull

Postby jon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 am

To the best of my knowledge, CKCH was always a French language station. I used to listen to them when I lived in Ottawa in 1973, because they played more English language Top 40 per hour than CFRA, due to a much lower spot load.

What I only found out a few months ago was that I was listening to Marc Denis, as he did evenings there at the same time that I was there.

As a result, he is my only contact with any knowledge or history of CKCH. And, more importantly, he could provide you the bridge you are going to need to the Francophone broadcast community.

Marc's web site is, as you might guess, is http://www.marcdenis.com
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Peggy Stewart » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks, Jon! I will ask him.

Peggy.
Peggy Stewart

Postby lduhamel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Dear Ms. Stewart :

I first of all want to wish you a Happy New Year.

Just today, and quite by accident, I ended-up on the Radio West Website where I found your April 2011 post to Jon requesting information about my mother, Madeleine Duhamel, and her time at CKCH radio in Hull, Québec. I did a little bit of research and found out you had written a book, which I will be purchasing later today.

I hope you found some information on her 30-year career in the Canadian broadcasting industry before you published your book but, if you didn't, I will be happy to provide it. And my sincere thanks for thinking of her!

Louise Duhamel
lduhamel

Return to Radio People History