Fall 2022 Numbres for Abbotsford and Chilliwack

Radio News from British Columbia

Fall 2022 Numbres for Abbotsford and Chilliwack

Postby radiodon » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:53 am

Morning Radio Droids..anyone with numbers for the 2022 fall book for Abbotsford and Chilliwack as radioCount and Numeris have closed their bedroom doors on provided those #s...lol. Hearing word that JR Chilliwack had a horrible first book BUT I WANT TO SEE THAT FOR MYSELF...and of course, a story for FVN, chillTV and coming soon .. abbyTV. Donny -- radiodon11@gmail.com or fvn@shaw.ca :towel:
radiodon

Re: Fall 2022 Numbres for Abbotsford and Chilliwack

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:53 am

-The book isn't released until next week
-Because of continuous measurement, you won't be able to see the full-effect of the format change for a year.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 am

Nevermind....I see those are no longer Numeris markets. I have no idea how the other system works.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:58 pm

After decades of doing so why are the ratings services no longer making any data public? What changed?
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:26 pm

After decades of doing so why are the ratings services no longer making any data public? What changed?

As Abba once sang, "Money Money Money."

You want it? You pay for it. Gotta love capitalism.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby paterson » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 am

freqfreak2 wrote:

As Abba once sang, "Money Money Money."

You want it? You pay for it. Gotta love capitalism.

It is about capitalism but more about control. Numeris is run basically by the CAB, subscribing stations and ad agencies. They try to portray that the public isn't really that interested in ratings which is just a cover. Other countries like the US, UK, Australia and all through Europe make radio and TV ratings available to media and the public. In some cases on a daily basis with overnight TV ratings.

This is one reason why we don't see lot of rating information or stories in newspapers other than from the US. I live in the east and it used to bug me why the Toronto Star and Sun for about a year would always list the top 10 or 20 shows in the US but never any ratings from Canada. Our top 20 shows are usually quite a bit different than the US. This has been especially evident over the past few years. However the Numeris numbers for TV were always a week old because this is what they released to the public.

Interesting as well when Numeris dropped the release of limited ratings to the public at the end of August, they also made unavailable the old radio and TV archive rating information. Why would they do this suddenly? Again controlling the information and message. We wouldn't want anyone to be able and compare the numbers today to fifteen years ago.

Here is a recent article from the Globe and Mail which asks why ratings are so secret in Canada...https://clearthis.page/?u=https://www.t ... ve-nature/
paterson
Advanced Member

Postby radiodon » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:10 am

lol..

Let's get back on track...

Does anyone have inside info?

TY

radiodon11@gmail.com

fvn@shaw.ca

604 392 5834

BTW we launch abbyTV this week -- sister of chillTV and FVN which I am the ND.

Donny
radiodon

Return to British Columbia