Gord MacDonald retires from CKNW after 33 years

Radio News from British Columbia

Gord MacDonald retires from CKNW after 33 years

Postby radiofan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Veteran broadcaster Gord MacDonald announced his retirement this morning on 980 CKNW. We would like to thank Gord for his 33 years of service to our CKNW audience every weekday morning and congratulate him on a 47 year career! Enjoy your retirement Gord!

A final word from Gord to his listeners: "This is my final newscast on CKNW. After 33 years here, and 47 years in radio newsrooms, it is time for me to learn how to go to bed and wake up at a regular time, and actually have dinner with my family. To you listener, thank you. Thank you for listening and thank you for supporting CKNW News and Global News all of these years. To all of my colleagues here, thank you……for everything. It has been an honor to work with all of you, and it’s been an awful lot of fun. And to my family, the biggest thanks of all….for putting up with the long hours away from home, for your understanding, for your patience, and for your steadfast love. " - Gord MacDonald.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Gord MacDonald retires from CKNW after 33 years

Postby Peteradio » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:27 am

Another NW long-timer. Congratulations Gord. Don't take this wrong, but I won't miss your sing-songy delivery.
I really mean it when I say enjoy your retirement!
Peteradio
Advanced Member

Postby talker2002@gmail.com » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:50 pm

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
talker2002@gmail.com
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:22 pm

Peteradio wrote:Another NW long-timer. Congratulations Gord. Don't take this wrong, but I won't miss your sing-songy delivery.
I really mean it when I say enjoy your retirement!

What a gawd awful thing to say, Peteradio. Funny, but you're the only person on the planet who claims that ! And, what does your delivery sound like ? Something out of hell, I'll bet. Congrats to Gord McDonald, indeed. Mentor to many at BCIT and elsewhere. One of the few nice people left in radio. You will be missed.
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:00 am

radiofan wrote:Veteran broadcaster Gord MacDonald announced his retirement this morning on 980 CKNW. We would like to thank Gord for his 33 years of service to our CKNW audience every weekday morning and congratulate him on a 47 year career! Enjoy your retirement Gord!

A final word from Gord to his listeners: "This is my final newscast on CKNW. After 33 years here, and 47 years in radio newsrooms, it is time for me to learn how to go to bed and wake up at a regular time, and actually have dinner with my family. To you listener, thank you. Thank you for listening and thank you for supporting CKNW News and Global News all of these years. To all of my colleagues here, thank you……for everything. It has been an honor to work with all of you, and it’s been an awful lot of fun. And to my family, the biggest thanks of all….for putting up with the long hours away from home, for your understanding, for your patience, and for your steadfast love. " - Gord MacDonald.

Happy retirement, Gord. You will be missed!
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia