Changes coming to The PeaK?

Radio News from British Columbia

Changes coming to The PeaK?

Postby radiofan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:03 pm

Rumours have been circulating about a format change coming to Pattison's 102.7 The Peak in Vancouver.

This morning, Christy and Fraser, the Morning Team on Pattison owned 101.5 Today in Calgary announced this was their last week at the station and they are Vancouver bound.

Buds! We’re moving to Vancouver for an opportunity within our company and this will be our last week on Today Radio. We’ve been absolutely privileged to be apart of your mornings the last 6 years in Calgary. Thank you for being apart of our lives.

Hmmmm ... Will The Peak be rebranded as "The Beach", "Rewind". "Now" or "Today"

Classic Hits 102.7 The Beach or 102.7 Rewind? A definite hole in the market.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Changes coming to The PeaK?

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:10 pm

Now
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:43 pm

Pattison owns the domain name 1027nowradio.ca
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:55 am

Perhaps much too early in the game for any format flipping, I mean, let's give the market a couple PPM cycles to see how much audience shifting there is between Peak, Sonic & CFOX before making predictions on when Pattison pulls the plug.

I'm thinking that Christy & Fraser will be doing afternoons on Peak, going head-to-head with the newly-launched Carly & Jay at Sonic.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:24 am

groundskeeper willy wrote:Perhaps much too early in the game for any format flipping, I mean, let's give the market a couple PPM cycles to see how much audience shifting there is between Peak, Sonic & CFOX before making predictions on when Pattison pulls the plug.

The most likely scenario is that Rogers knew Pattison was going to flip. Nobody believes there's room for 3. It's questionable that there's even room for 2.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby beddows » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:01 pm

yeah there is sure a lot of juggling going on for the same niche. I woudl like to see a station similar to Sirus XMs deep tracks, or maybe considering Pattisons affinity for jazz, maybe they will try that format again.
Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravan co-ordinator
http://www.mexicorvcaravan.com
Radio history: CJSF, CFBV
beddows
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:00 pm

beddows wrote:yeah there is sure a lot of juggling going on for the same niche. I woudl like to see a station similar to Sirus XMs deep tracks, or maybe considering Pattisons affinity for jazz, maybe they will try that format again.

It's going to be 'Now.'
Aaron
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia