JRfm's Clay and Karen to hang up headphones in April

Radio News from British Columbia

JRfm's Clay and Karen to hang up headphones in April

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:42 pm

JRfm's Clay and Karen know when to fold, will retire morning show after 22 years
And though the pair's show will be ending, only Daniels is retiring, while St. Thomas will be pursuing other unnamed opportunities.

Staff Reporter Mar 21, 2022

Longtime JRfm radio hosts Clay St. Thomas and Karen Daniels, pictured here in 2002, will be heading off the air
after 22 years hosting morning radio together. Their last show will be Friday, April 22, 2022. PHOTO BY JON MURRAY /Province

Longtime JRfm radio hosts Clay St. Thomas and Karen Daniels know when to hold them, and when to fold them.

The pair will be heading off the air after 22 years hosting morning radio together.

“As of last Thursday, I have been doing this morning show for 25 years. Karen, 22 years,” said St. Thomas during Monday’s show.

“Our last show will be Friday, April 22,” said Daniels. “Because this show is retiring. Karen’s tired. I want to sleep in!”

St. Thomas joked that the show’s impending retirement was “Karen’s fault” and pressed his co-host to explain.

“Well, I’ll tell you because as I’ve always spoken from the bible of Kenny Rogers: you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them,” said Daniels.

“We’ve reached a lot of goals that we’ve set out to achieve and we’re still young enough, you know, in our 50s that we can still go out and travel and discover some stuff in the world. So it’s time to do that.”

Read the full story: https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ren-retire

On Air Announcement: https://www.jrcountry.ca/2022/03/21/cla ... ast-rodeo/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia