BC Lions games will be on AM 730

Radio News from British Columbia

BC Lions games will be on AM 730

Postby radiofan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:47 am

LIONS AND CORUS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE TWO-YEAR BROADCAST PARTNERSHIP
Matt Baker

The BC Lions Football Club is returning to its broadcast roots as the club is proud to announce a two-year broadcast partnership with Corus Entertainment.

“Partnering with Corus Entertainment ensures our brand reach will continue to extend across the province on multiple platforms,” said Lions VP of Business George Chayka.

“With a network that includes the province’s most popular radio station in Global News Radio 980 CKNW and the ability to reach a large television audience on Global BC and BC1, we know our diehard fans will get their fix of Lions football all season long.”

Beginning with the August 6th season opener in Saskatchewan, all Lions games will be broadcast on AM730 with play-by-play broadcaster Bob “The Moj” Marjanovich and analyst Giulio Caravatta returning to the booth.

Corus Entertainment is proud to be the new radio home for BC Lions broadcasts,” added Larry Gifford, National Director of Talk Radio, Corus Entertainment.

“The Canadian Football League is a great connector of sports fans across the country and we are thrilled to be the go-to destination for news and play-by-play updates for a team that represents our province so well.”

“It’s exciting for both Giulio and I to be back on the airwaves and for fans to have the ability to tune in,” stated Marjanovich who begins season number five in the Lions’ booth.

“For me, it’s pretty cool to be a part of it. I take great pride in it, I enjoy it and just try to meet the bar that has been set by those great voices in the booth that did it before me.”

Additional info on Lions and Corus Deal:

Dedicated Lions radio shows LIVE from training camp in Kamloops.
1-hour pre-and post-game shows on AM730 for all 14 regular season games, plus playoffs.
Player and coach interviews on the province’s most listened to radio station, Global News Radio 980 CKNW.
The Lions Radio Network returns across the province as we welcome back long-time affiliate stations including CFAX 1070 in Victoria, AM 1150 in Kelowna and Radio NL serving Kamloops, Ashcroft, Shuswap/Sorrento, Clearwater, Logan Lake, Blue River and Avola.
Promotional coverage on FM affiliates CFOX and Rock 101.
Extensive television coverage on Global BC and BC1.
Lions games were heard on CKNW 980 as recently as 1988-2003. Canadian Football Hall of Fame inductee J.P. McConnell and former Lions running back and BC Football Hall of Fame inductee Tom Larscheid formed the broadcast duo for most of that time. Caravatta first joined the booth for the 2000 season.
More info on the broadcast talent and affiliate stations can be accessed HERE.

https://www.bclions.com/2021/07/06/lion ... rtnership/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: BC Lions games will be on AM 730

Postby cart_machine » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:48 pm

radiofan wrote:LIONS AND CORUS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE TWO-YEAR BROADCAST PARTNERSHIP
Matt Baker

The BC Lions Football Club is returning to its broadcast roots as the club is proud to announce a two-year broadcast partnership with Corus Entertainment.

If the team was going back to its "broadcast roots," the games would be called on CKWX (by Bill Stephenson).

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Re: BC Lions games will be on AM 730

Postby radio knob » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:25 pm

No one should EVER be late to a home game due to traffic. You think Laugh made a bid?

To those in the know. What would the rights price have been - rough ballpark numbers?? I would expect deflation ( dollar to dollar )type numbers vs 20 yrs ago. I miss hearing football on radio. My market ditched it looooong ago. But if I am driving through Ashcroft I am in luck looks like.
radio knob
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia