OK Radio Group Sold?

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby GrumpyOldMan » Tue May 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Supposedly, the Q! and Zone have just been sold to Pattison. Very interesting. Now Pattison has representation all over the Island, which which makes good sense for networking etc.

And after Pattison was all choked about Cooper selling CFAX and B107 to Chum...he ended up getting perhaps 2 better stations.

I'm going to be very interested to see what happens to upper management in the old rocknroll reasearch centre. John Sheilds and Brian Blackburn have been there for ages and by selling Stu Morton has basically left them to fend for themselves in the real corporate world.

As good as a station as that is, there's lots of overhead there.
GrumpyOldMan
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 am

I still have to wonder what went on behind closed doors for Pattison to suddenly back out of the suit against Cooper for CFAX and B107.3 .

Looking at the big picture, Q and The Zone are a much better buy for Pattison.

One can be re-branded as a "Drive" and the other can become a "B", then they can move the studios into the Save On Arena.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed May 10, 2006 11:23 am

Let me know if I missed it, but I still haven't seen official confirmation that Rogers bought the Alberta holdings of OK.

Presuming it happens, I think the really fun speculation is whether or not Rogers is still so enamoured of the Jack-FM format that they would try switching Sonic to Jack-FM in Edmonton. Especially given that JOE-FM has already ridden the ratings bounce up so high and now down fairly low. i.e. - people are unlikely to get so excited about it the second time around.

Plus, CAM-FM and Big Earl are following the same "Play Anything" slogan and approach. The Bear's "No Rules" slogan may also be the same idea -- I don't know. Admittedly, Big Earl is applying Jack to Modern Country.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Thu May 11, 2006 12:01 am

They'd be crazy to launch Jack in Edmonton. Back away from the vodka, dude.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia