New CKNW Hosts

Radio News from British Columbia

New CKNW Hosts

Postby flyonthewall » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Voices from within the Black Tower and Lake City have been whispering with the news that Jill Bennett will be the new 9AM - Noon host on NW and longtime fill in guy Mike Smyth will be handling the newly created Noon - 3PM slot as of the end of the month.

No word on who will replace Jill Bennett on Weekend mornings. I'd think maybe Jody Vance or Stirling Faux.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Re: New CKNW Hosts

Postby radioman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:19 pm

I hope the rumours of who is filling which time slot will turn out to be flipped, i.e., Mike Smyth 9am - noon and Jill Bennett noon - 3pm.

Mike Smyth will do better in the 9am - noon time slot where he can and has the ability to do more hard-hitting interviews in a time slot which has traditionally been the slot with the most listeners to day time talk radio. Mike Smyth has been filling in in this time slot many times over the past three months and when he is on the quality of the show greatly improves over what is presented by other hosts.
radioman
Advanced Member

Postby Peteradio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Absolutely agree with those 2 choices...and the suggestion to have Smyth in the 9 slot, exactly!
Not quite Bannerman and Mair, but I’ll take it.
Peteradio
Advanced Member

Postby brucepollock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Mr. Smyth at 9am [precisely] ! ! and that chinese gentlleman Stir Ling on weekends - he's a great guy -c and he needs the money!!
brucepollock

Return to British Columbia