Pulse HOUSE

Radio News from British Columbia

Pulse HOUSE

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 pm

An application has been filed by South Fraser Broadcasting to purchase the "now off the air" CIRH 98.3 in Vancouver (Roundhouse Radio).
Total purchase price will be $958,000.00.
South Fraser currently controls CISF 107.7 in Surrey (Pulse FM).

There was speculation that South Fraser would turn CIRH into a CISF simulcast.

But CIRH will feature 100 hours per week of locally produced programming (the remainder will be syndicated Talk shows).
From the looks of it CIRH will be mostly talk in daytime and music in the evenings/nights.
It also sounds like South Fraser will revive the Roundhouse Radio branding for the station.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Pulse HOUSE

Postby Just sayin' » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Not a great business decision. There's enough 'talk' in the market. The previous ownership group threw everything at it and couldn't survive. Everyone thinks they have the magic bullet...but the big players can afford the losses, bring in another dim-witted consultant, and rebrand.
Just sayin'
Advanced Member

Postby GrumpyOldMan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Hard to say whether that’s a good deal for such a weak signal. But Pulse has a poor signal and must be losing buckets of money and they’re still on the air. I just find the whole South Fraser Broadcasting situation very fishy. These are owners who basically broke the law with what was essentially a pirate station. For that, they were awarded an FM license and then relatives were given an AM license for another ethnic station. You hear a lot of stories from inside that operation. Ads running with zero value because the buy had long since expired. Not sure what the end game is in all this. Pulse will never be a player with that signal, and neither will Roundhosue.
GrumpyOldMan
Advanced Member

Postby RadioDon11 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:03 am

As part of the original cast, and one of the first lay offs, if you wanna chat about this.. PM me radiodon11@gmail.com
RadioDon11
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia