From NW's twitter feed

Radio News from British Columbia

From NW's twitter feed

Postby flyonthewall » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:05 am

Did anyone hear the interview recently, maybe Tue or Wed with the Globe and Mail reporter referred to in this tweet. Couldn't have been pretty. Apparently Ian Power was doing the show.

"A sincere apology to @balkissoon from @CKNW. We regret our host was unprepared to have an informed & open-minded convo about race in Canada."
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Re: From NW's twitter feed

Postby CubbyCam » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:06 pm

flyonthewall wrote:Did anyone hear the interview recently, maybe Tue or Wed with the Globe and Mail reporter referred to in this tweet. Couldn't have been pretty. Apparently Ian Power was doing the show.

"A sincere apology to @balkissoon from @CKNW. We regret our host was unprepared to have an informed & open-minded convo about race in Canada."

A quick google found this... https://twitter.com/balkissoon/status/7 ... 2664148993
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:45 am

Now I read on here that Ian Power was let go over this?
I went to the link and I listened to the archived audio, TWICE.

Ian was very professional all throughout the half hour; his first guest, not so much so.
He was sadly shortchanged.
CKNW? What were you thinking.
She was proving to be difficult and deserved to be dumped.

Ian moved on and rightly so and his interactions with subsequent callers were also beyond reproach.

Leaves us with the pathetic "ah" "ah/ah" "ah" evening guy, and the afternoon guy - who unprofessionally stutters so badly now it had become hilarious.

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm thinking Corus management should have fired the person who put Ian Power in this situation.

Ian has worked for years doing a great job at hosting informercial type shows as well as remotes at NW. I'm sure he didn't beg for the opportunity to do a fill in job as a talk show host.

So, the guy gets shoved into doing a job he likely didn't really want to do. Now him and a couple of others are out of work because a PD was too cheap to call in someone who would have handled
the situation in a comfortable manner?

This totally sucks.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:01 pm

I cannot understand what is is that he did wrong.
I just don't get it.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia