All Christmas madness

Radio News from British Columbia

All Christmas madness

Postby beddows » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:54 am

Anyone else sick of these switches to christmas music which is starting earlier and earlier. I predict October next year. Christmas music belongs on christmas day and maybe christmas eve. Other than that, humbug. It is almost as irritating as the constant takeover of my favourite Sirius-XM channel (Deep Tracks) for tributes. Every time an aging rock star dies, it happens, latest one Fleetwood Mac. Why don't they set up a separate channel for that? 2 weeks ago it was a week of non stop Neil Young, even though he is not dead. Plus ,they cut back the best free form DJ in North America ever, Jim Ladd, to one night a week. Tom Petty's song, the last DJ about Jim, was prophetic.

Yes, I am a bitter old man, LOL.
Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravan co-ordinator
http://www.mexicorvcaravan.com
Radio history: CJSF, CFBV
beddows
Advanced Member

Re: All Christmas madness

Postby cammy85 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:54 pm

One of the hardest things about that (maybe not in BC) is not only the alienation of listeners, but the chance they may not come back on Boxing Day with all the online choices out there. I know I've done that with the two Winnip[eg stations that do that every year. But they always wait until November 12th eve with all the evidence indicating that it's not disrespectful to veterans. That's a whole other debate.
cammy85

Re: All Christmas madness

Postby jon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Haven't noticed lately, but 15 years ago, the rule of thumb was "the first one to go all Christmas music would beat its competitors in the next Ratings".
jon
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia